This feature is available to you from our Professional subscription.
If you want to integrate your own GLS contract in shipcloud, we will gladly activate the configuration for you. Just write us an email to email@example.com.
In this case, your individual agreements with GLS apply regarding:
- transport insurance
- (regular) pick-up / drop-off in parcel shops
You need the following Data for your GLS Configuration:
To use the new GLS interface, you need the following access data for the GLS Web API.
If you do not have the access data for the new GLS Web API yet, please first contact your account manager at GLS and request them. Please inform your GLS contact person explicitly that the Web API needs to be activated.
How to fill out the Configuration for GLS Shipping:
- Username & Password: Your login details for your YourGLS account. These data will be assigned to you by GLS. Please contact your GLS account manager and ask for activation for the GLS Web API.
- Customer ID: Your GLS customer number (The front part before the space of your sender number)
- Contact-ID: The ID of your pick-up point (The back part after the space of your sender number)
Settings for International Shipping
In order to be able to send your GLS shipments across customs borders, you must hand over your Incoterms to GLS. These are a set of voluntary clauses for the interpretation of commercial contractual formulas, which are internationally uniform and apply worldwide.
In shipcloud, you can specify the following Incoterm codes:
- ddp (Delivered free, duty paid, taxed): Free house, duty paid, taxed - the sender pays all costs incurred, the receiver carries no costs.
- ddp_untaxed (Delivered free, duty paid, untaxed): Free house, duty paid, untaxed - the shipper pays freight, customs clearance and customs duties, the recipient pays the applicable taxes
- dap (Delivered free, duty unpaid, untaxed): Free domicile, duty unpaid, untaxed - the shipper pays only the freight, all other costs are borne by the recipient.
- dap_cleared (Delivered free, no duty, no taxes): Free house, without customs, without tax - the sender pays freight and customs clearance, the recipient pays customs duties and taxes.
These can be defined either directly in your GLS configuration by default for all your international shipments, when creating a single shipment in the WebUI or transferred to us via API.
Please note: You have to enter this information if you want to ship internationally via customs borders with GLS.
If you still have questions about international shipping with GLS, you will find helpful information directly at GLS.
Tip: Where do you find the Data for the Configuration?
Log in to the GLS website with your access data for the GLS Web API. Under "Abwicklung" > "Paketversand" you will find your shipping number in the lower section of your shipping address. The part before the space is your Customer ID. The part after the space is your Contact ID.
Returns with own GLS Contract
If you ship via your own GLS contract, you can conveniently generate national as well as international return labels via shipcloud. Create it either as a supplement for your packages or on demand via our Return Portal *.
* Please note that only shipments for national shipping can be created via the Return Portal.